The mtb race was fun. The course was basically flat. They took an open field and bulldozed a 10-ft wide track and smoothed it out with a roller. There were soft spots and hard spots so the terrian was sorta varied. Also at Half Moon Bay, wind was a factor as well. I was seriously winded after only one practice lap.

I am not sure how many miles the race was. They stopped the race when the leaders finished 26 laps (or something like that). When you get lapped (I got lapped like 4 or 5 times), you dont have to finish those laps. The event organizers adjust as they go, depending on the condition of the competitors.

As far as cleaning your xterra I would clean everything!! the underside, the engine, the body, the interior. The judges for our competition did not judge for "off-road" useage. They judged for "outdoor useage". They wanted to emphasize the Xterra's rugged image with runners, campers, bikers, hikers, etc. Off-roading isnt exactly a target audience with the Xterra people. I won because I was loaded that day with my bike gear and I had set up a mini-camp ground at my tailgate for lunch. (folding chairs and tables, and a ministove for cooking)

Honestly, I think I won the trophie cause I fit what they were looking for. My truck was clean, I was participating in the bike race, and I had my bike and camping gear with me. There were other guys with more off-road mods and they didn't really get a second look.

If you guys in SCCX are serious in participating in this event, you should contact Janet Clark from Xterra Planet. jclark@teamunlimited.com

She was in charge of the event in past years and was the person responsible for treating Xterra owners so well. At the very least, if she knows you guys are coming, she can load up on the t-shirts and let the gate workers know you are coming so they can let you in and park in the center of attention.