Please be aware, there is highway construction this weekend, Oct 13-15, at the junction of I-15 and I-215, with detours and road/lane closures!

Here is an alternate path that will bypass SOME of the traffic (check it out on Google maps or MapQuest so you can follow it easier):

Exit the I-15 at Sierra Ave. Turn left, going north towards the mountains. This becomes Lytle Creek Rd.

Continue north (to right) on Lytle Creek Rd, past where Middle Fork Rd. enters from left.

After negotiating a left curve, you will pass NF-2N53 on the right just before the town of Lytle Creek. Watch for the next road on the right, which will be Sheep Canyon Rd (NF-2N56). If you see Sycamore Dr. on the left, you've gone too far.

Turn onto Sheep Canyon Rd., still heading north. Sheep Canyon Rd. will merge onto Sheep Creek Truck Trail at a backwards fork. Continue north.

Sheep Creek Truck Trail will "T" into Swarthout Canyon Rd. Turn left (northwest).

Swarthout Canyon Rd. will end at a paved road -- Lone Pine Canyon Rd. Turn right (north-northeast), which will "T" into Hwy. 138. Turn right on 138 and take this to I-15, which will enter past where all construction is.

The same route, in reverse order, can be used for the return trip on Sunday.

Lory Jefferson aka Blue Leader