Quote:
Originally posted by Southernx7:
Thanks for the heads up on motel circle. We found something last night in Chula Vista that we booked. I guess the next thing is how is the traffic from Chula Vista to Balboa area in the mornings Thursday - Monday. Do I avoid the interstates and take local routes? Also, someone at work told me about Mexican food called Roberto's. The food there is supposed to be good even though it's kinda like a fast food joint. Ever heard of it??
Thanks for the help guys/gals.
If you were bringing your truck and wanted some good wheeling near by I would say CV would be ok but I would suggest that you definately cancel the reservation in CV. I grew up in CV - it is not a tourist destination and it is a good 20-30 minutes (no traffic) drive to the areas you want to visit. I would stay at a hotel on Hotel Circle. I lived on Hotel Circle South for 10 years. There is a free bus/shuttle that takes you on a loop to most of the tourist spots. You are about a mile to Old Town and 5-10 minute drive to Balboa Park, Seaworld, Gaslamp, Pt. Loma, Mission Beach, Pacific Beach, La Jolla, Lindeberg Field etc.
Check out this link http://gocalifornia.about.com/od/casdmenu/tp/hotel_circle.htm There are also other hotels on Hotel Cir South and North that are not listed.
Oh and Roberto's - it's just a regular old taco shop. You will see them everywhere, same as Alberto's, Rumberto's, Nico's, etc. There is good Mexican food in Old Town. Pacific Beach is the college/beach bar/dance area and Gaslamp has nice (but pricey) restaurants and fun bars/dance clubs.
Enjoy.
Tom