Well, as some of you know, I'm planning to head out to Death Valley during the week between Xmas and New Year. Going to explore, photograph a few things and what not. Some folks have mentioned that they might be interested in going, so I thought I'd post up.

What I have in mind is an expedition-style run through the north end of the park. No real itinerary or schedule, not hardcore wheeling, just fun, open country exploring. Kind of like a 4X4 photography workshop, if you will. Don't know where I'm going, but at the end of the week, I'll know where I've been.

Is anyone interested in this? Mind you, this is a type of run where carrying extra fuel, water, food, parts and tools will be mandatory. Weather can be unpredictable in the park, but past trips at this time have been quite temperate.

Not sure of the exact dates yet, but I plan on starting off by gassing up at Scotty's Castle (last place, really), heading out to the racetrack, shooting there, staying at the primitive campground at the end, shooting the sunrise, heading down the Lippincott mine trail (steep and rocky, but fun, nice pucker factor last year) and the dropping into the Saline Valley before picking up what passes as a road to head north. After that, who knows.

Post up or call me if you have any thoughts or reccomendations.