Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Yeah, the other boards are SO slow compared to XOC... Bullshit, they all serve pages pretty darn quick, and I'm the type to notice. Hell, the NOR board even reports how fast the page was generated at the bottom of every page (not that I pay attention, and I'm sure you'll call it a gimmick that only slows it down more). The times I've seen issues now and then with the speed of other sites is either due to their hosting or glitches with the software, but in general when they're running smoothly they're doing the trick fast enough to satisfy anyone that isn't sitting there with a freakin' stopwatch looking for a half-second difference in average page load.
I quit hanging out at the other sites because I got tired of all the crap they have on the pages. What does NOR's load time bug add to site? Really do you care? I'd prefer if the kept their sites lean. It was their choice to turn on all the bells and whistles and my choice to stop visiting.

My biggest gripe is photos in signatures and avatars under names. It does absolutley nothing for the site but cluttler up the page and make threads slow to load and difficult to read. Do you really care to see a scanned in 4"x6" photo of a stock truck someone is a little too proud of everytime they post. Do you know what my truck looks like? Do I shove it in front of you ever time I post? From what I recall yours is a stock height blue on lego wheels and 32" BFG MT's with a TJM front bumper with no winch. I definitely don't need to see that every time you post.

N4W's "Advanced Features" are total crap when it comes to looking for new posts since last visit. Which is the main way I surf. There should always be a "What's New Since Your Last Visit" button near the top. It should show all threads board wide. Ian's not perfect with this one either. One of my only gripes with XOC is the New Topics button is only what's new since midnight mountain time. Not since last visit and it's never included supporting members or admistration areas for those with permission to those areas.

Both N4W and NOR need help on coming up with consistent color chioces. At least Plushfab uses a consistent color schemes site wide. I find NOR's forum unreadable. The dark blue background and yellow text looks like an old RGB monitor and I find it hard to read. Dark Text on a light background is much easier than light text on a dark background. Is the color scheme user adjustable (which I've seen)? Scratch that it shouldn't be. The site should have the balls to force their preference on readers, but those preference shouldn't be just plain ugly and painful to use.

Do you get mine point? In my opinion NOR and N4W are too much of a pain in the ass to use, so I don't. It's that simple.