Quote:
Originally posted by Guy:
Was looking to see if anyone was going out to Anza Borrego on Sat or Sun? It's been awhile since I've had time to get on the site. Guess that's a good thing since it's not accessable. Now the fall-back site is gone as well.
We have a group going out to Anza Borrego on Saturday, 11/25. I have a thread in the (now hidden but still there) SCCX section of XOC, but I'll repeat the details here in case you can't find it.

Date: Saturday 11/25
Meet Spot: Anza Borrego State Park Visitor Center
Time: 10:00AM
Comm: FRS Radio Channel 11, subcode 24

For a description see Massey & Wilson Backcountry Adventures So Cal - Southcoast #30.

This is a stock friendly 4WD run, mostly through a sandy wash and then a narrow slot canyon. Round trip is about 28 miles.

We plan to do a couple of hikes along the way, first to the Wind Caves (approx. 3 miles R/T, up a rocky slope) and then a really narrow slot canyon off the end of Sandstone Canyon at about the turnaround point.

We'll stop for a picnic lunch between the 2 hiking spots. I'll be stopping in Santa Ysabel to pick up some apple pies for all of us on my way out.

I'll be leaving from San Diego (just of Scripps Poway Parkway and I-15) a bit after 8:00AM if anyone wants to caravan. PM for my cell phone.