Quote:
Originally posted by airbutchie:
Quote:
Originally posted by brian903:
[b]I thought about the Canon but in the end was able to get the Tamron, the Canon 70-200 f/4 and the Tokina 12-24 for not a whole lot more than what the Canon alone cost.
Exactly... Sure it's an "L" lens, but shit... I can get 3 quality lenses (like the ones you listed) for the price of one... You've made the right choice Brian... I would have done the same...

So fellas... What RAW program are you guys using? I'm using Photoshop CS2 for all my post-processing... On the camera side, I set the configurations to record both the JPG and RAW image of each shot I take... Sure it takes alot of space, but with two 8GB CF cards I'm sure I can manage 500+ exposures per CF, no?! I doubt I'll ever do that many in one event... Never say never, though... Hehhehehhee...

Anyhoo, I left work early today to take the Tamron out for a quick spin... I'll post pics after I post-process them... Stay tuned!!

- Air B laugh [/b]
Excellent lens, I got one a few months ago, needed a good fast lens for pictures of my daugther's volleyball games. Lighting in the gyms leaves much to be desired for taking pictures.

I use Capture 1, great program. Both Mac and Windows versions, and the Windows version is almost as good as the Mac. smile Been using it since I got my 10D a few years ago. I've been playing with Aperture, just not familar with it yet, so haven't really formed an opinion on it yet.

Why take JPEG and RAW, what are you going to use the JPEG for? That's one thing I like about the 30D over the 10D is it allows you to eliminate the JPEG, this allows me to get about 500 shots on a 4GB card. Good enough to get through a soccer game, or a weekend campout with the scout troop.
Carrollton RACES/ARES #4007/A07