Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
In the Killer Bees Thread, I noticed he said he used a Rebel XT with a 28-135IS lens. From the pictures, it looks like it's a good one. Would you "pros" agree?
the 28-135 IS is not considered a "pro" lens - both in optics and construction. It's probably a high end comsumer level lens. Maybe "prosumer" level. But I can't name many pros who typically carry one.

Then again, mated to an XT is probably ok - since the XT is not a "pro" body anyways.

If you only had room for one lens - the 28-135 isn't a bad choice. Probably well suited for travel, although if you take alot of indoor party pics - 28mm will not be enough for a cropped DSLR sensor. On the zoom end, 135mm is pretty good - especially on a cropped sensor.

Personally, I'm waiting for Canon to come out with their version of the Nikon 18-200VR (MSRP $800). For a "do everything" lens - the Nikon is pretty good and is a popular choice for travel amongst Nikonians. And if you only had room for one lens - that'd be a good one to pick.