Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:

Are Ron Paul's ideas made of giant asteroids or something?

Or have you literally, not rhetorically, become Chicken Little?

"Destroy the country"? Not a fear-monger, huh?
I guess you could say his ideas are made of asteroid size piles of shit.

Yeah, if a lot of them were implemented, it would destroy the country. It would without a doubt rapidly increase the ability of another country to destroy us both economically and with outright attacks.

I have a feeling you are a closet Ron Paul supporter, but I don't think even you are so stupid as to advocate things like abolishing the CIA, the NSA, and God knows what other of our national intelligence apparatus.

He advocates destroying the economy by eliminating the Federal Reserve system and his kooky crackpot idea of going to a gold standard. Has Ron Paul ever read a friggin book or talked to any economists? Do all his ideas come from wacky Texas militia groups who think the Federal Reserve was a Jewish banker conspiracy.

Ron Paul's road would be a path to destruction. The country can't crawl into an a little isolationist ball and pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist. Maybe in Ron Paul's world he can pretend that it isn't a dangerous world and no other countries or organizations have their agendas and ulterior motives.

For a politician who thinks he can play on the world stage as a leader of a superpower, he is completely oblivious to the realpolitik or any reality related to geopolitics.

Ron Paul was a fringe candidate who posed absolutely no threat because other than a tiny fringe of people, no one took him seriously.