Quote:
Parts of me are laughing as I read this because I think you're trying to be sarcastic, and make a broad generalization in order to poke fun at the "conservatives" amongst this board. Then again maybe you do in fact believe these "right wing" views are silly and that they're the root cause of the world's problems today. No matter what you believe, I'll accept your views because I think you're entitled to them. Doesn't mean I agree with them though... I merely accept that you have a view. smile
I am laughing too. Hell, I have been laughing for many years now because I think it is ridiculous that a bunch of overpaid people cannot solve today's problems without putting up a real fight in D.C.

I am laughing because conservatives absolutely hate the notion of universal health coverage or programs that benefit education while having no issues with bank rolling the military and expensive wars.

I am laughing because democrats think that every single problem can be eliminated by throwing more money at it.

I am laughing because that is the only one thing I can do about all of this; except for voting of course.

Hillary, Obama and McCain are all the same person. They may poke each other and call opponents sleazy names like "elitist" but what they don't realize that they're playing exactly the same act. All the candidates are out of touch with the reality that most Americans face and unfortunately mass media is not picking up on it. Don't believe me? Let's start with the money that today's politicians make.

A member of U.S. Congress makes $169K per year. How's that for the country where a family of two makes somewhere around 40K. Do you really think that people who currently represent you on Capitol Hill are in touch with your needs? They have decent health care plans, nice salaries and other benefits that many Americans do not see. Hillary, McCain and Obama are loaded by American standards. So how does any of them represent you?

I give it to McCain and Obama for being self made. Both men deserve to be called elite because they truly are. Regardless of your political views you have to admit that a man who once denied an early release from a POW camp has guts to do what is right. Obama, on the other hand, managed to put himself through Ivy League schools on student loans (like most of American kids) and he came from nothing. While I doubt that his family is in need now, I think that he is close to understanding what it is really like for many of Americans. Clinton has received little attention until her hubby took the office. I do acknowledge that she has put up a fight in some places but it is ridiculous that she calls other candidates "elitists." With her education and background she does not really strike me as an average citizen.

Ahh fuck this. I am going to get me some beer.