Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
I think it's horrible for someone to ask for money for pulling you out... and I think it's even more horrible for someone who got pulled out not to offer some.

(i.e. money ought to change hands or the guy who got rescued is an a$$ - but it should be a thank-you and not an extortion)
I never asked for a dime, and all the time spent digging nurses out so they could get to the hospital was on a volunteer basis. The hospital (where my wife is an RN) just gave me the names and addresses, and I went to get them out. I put over 150 miles on my Frontier running around town in 2 days. I made $50 and went through 2 tanks of gas, broke a set of chains (that hit my fender, thank you very much) and was wasted last night from severe headache and plugged sinuses.

I never, ever, asked for money, and wouldn't accept it from any of the nurses that I got. But from a couple of the Dr's, oh hell yeah I did! They didn't even get out and shovel their own walk, but had a service do it. One lived on a major street that had been plowed clean, but didn't want to drive his fancy what-the-fuck-ever in case he got into an accident! Yeah, I took his $5 for gas.

The rest of the folks that pushed, pulled, dug out or yanked out around my neighborhood, never offered. One guy was in a Dodge Magnum Hemi Station Wagon AWD. He offered and wouldn't take no for an answer and looked like he was getting offended. So I took his $5 too. But that was the only one near me that offered. The rest was just karma points.