Rockaholic: To me, it's ALLLL about the threat of a lawsuit.

The way things *ought* to work - is the Rabbi asks nicely - and the airport realizes that they should have included all major local religions - so they put up something for everyone in a little holiday display area... Barring that, they refuse to make a change and the Rabbi makes a stink about it to the community and media and pressure from those groups makes the airport either put up the other symbols or scrap the whole thing.

... but no... Ye Olde Lawsuit (or threat thereof) comes out - which loses the Rabbi ANY respect that I might have had for him and his cause.

The airport, seeing trouble coming, did the right thing - just bail out before it gets ugly (and now look.. even by bailing out they STILL have people bitch-bitch-bitching away).

Personally, my libertarian view is: is the airport a government facility?

If so - there shouldn't really be any religious things in it at all. If not, then the owners of the airport should be able to put up whatever the hell they want (or not) and everybody's opinion be damned.