Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky42:
Also, I'm suspicious of movies "based on a true story" since no matter how "meticulous" the research, whoever makes the film still has an agenda, at the top of which is commercial marketability.

Read Friday Night Lights and compare it to the movie. What a joke to even suggest the movie depicted the real story of the Permian Panthers team.
I love when people take movies so seriously. It's a freakin' movie! "Friday Night Lights" was still a great movie... watched it again tonight on Starz. My wife is from Midland and thought they did a wonderful job. Who cares where directors get their inspiration from? No one's going to make an exact reenactment. In "Rudy", his teammates never turned in their jerseys to get him a spot on the sidelines, but who freakin' cares? It helped capture what his teammates really felt for him and the movie was still amazing - a Top 5 all-time for me personally. Don't take movies so seriously if they don't get it exactly right and add a little extra flare into it. That's why they pay them to the big bucks... it's their job.

If all the family members approved this movie, I'm all for it. That was my only question. The fact that they're giving the families money is an extra bonus. All I cared about was if they got approval from the affected family members. I think it will help take attention away from what we normally think about when whe think of 9/11. We immediately think of the twin towers. This flight and the Pentagon always take a back seat, yet they're the most interesting. If you have some personal politics that you don't like about all this, don't go see it. No one's going to force you. wink