Quote:
Originally posted by Eric P.:

I just purchased airline tickets & was offered carbon offsets for the flight. $25 worth to offset the fuel burned on the plane. I have also seen carbon offsets as gift cards. The elite liberals seem to know where to buy them, as it is their excuse for not practicing what they preach.

Who is doing the offsets? What is my carbon allowance? And how can I sell my excess?
It's a complete scam. Don't EVER waste your money on anything like carbon offsets.

It should be illegal for companies like airlines to even offer such things.

Carbon offsets are being compared to the practice of purchasing indulgences during the Middle Ages. It is a modern scam perpetrated on fears of guilt revolving around the global warming scam, which is itself a fraud.

There is absolutely no way to verify anything involving these so-called carbon offsets. What you are doing is giving your money away to fraudsters. It's a modern con game.

The whole carbon offset industry should be illegal because fraud and unaccountability are rampant.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/48e334ce-f355-11db-9845-000b5df10621.html

Also, for people who believe in this global warming scam and that carbon dioxide is so dangerous, the carbon offset people aren't doing anything to help the environment (That's even if the carbon offset people do anything. It's believed some keep the money and laugh all the way to the bank).

A plane puts it's carbon into the atmosphere immediately. It takes years for a tree planted today to remove any significant amount of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. Plus, trees store the carbon dioxide which will eventually be released again when the tree dies and rots. It could also be released if the tree is eventually used for firewood and is burned.

The whole notion of carbon offsets is a scam designed to make some people rich off of another scam called man made global warming.