Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:

Like I said, I have no problem with it if it's deemed necassary, I just question the ability of those that do the "deeming"?
So what are you really saying? Some more actual clarification is warranted.

Are you saying the Bush administration, or maybe even Republicans in general cannot be trusted to do the "deeming"?

Who should we trust? Should we trust the Democrats? Hillary Clinton? Joe Biden? Barack Obama? Should we trust the judiciary and people like Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg or Justice Breyer?

Should we trust the NY Times, Washington Post, NBC, The Today Show, the people at the DailyKos to decide?

Please tell us who you trust with your life and the lives of your children in deciding such issues.

Quote:
I realize that terrorists not being covered under the Geneva convention, and when I compared to an infantry man, I did not mean it literally. I meant some low level non important type.

I also realize that many we are holding captive, some of which are US citizens, are being subjected to this torture with the only due cause being the "they are terrorists!" finger being pointed at them, all the while many of Saddam's family, and other Saudi royals tied to 9/11 walk this earth free and clear. I question that... I mean shouldn't we?
Who is being subjected to this torture? Name some names.

I think the American public is being subjected to a lot of torture regarding the subject of torture.

The US citizens that have been caught have not been tortured. What proof do you have that they were tortured? Those people have also been granted their due process and habeas corpus rights.

Yes... I think we are all in agreement that the Saudi's are a problem. How do you propose we go about dealing with them?

The Saudi's are a very difficult problem considering almost every former president and many former members of Congress, both Democrat and Republican, takes money from them for various efforts. The same goes for other wealthy Arab countries like the United Arab Emirates. They practically own Washington DC.

Who do you think donates a large part of the money for some of these presidential libraries? Where do you think organizations like The Carter Center get their money? Who do think finances much of the Middle East Studies departments of most American, Canadian, and European universities? It's Arab money.

We just released a bunch of terrorist captives back to Saudi Arabia. They are being treated like V.I.P.'s.

Former terrorist captives who have been released have been recaptured again trying to kill Americans. I don't see any outrage by the "usual suspects" that we let terrorists go free.

Quote:
Need to open your eyes. It can be anybody who's in the wrong place at the right time. Our government has slowly been putting the laws into place that will circumvent the rights of its citizens. Stuff like this is the slippery slope of precedence that could one day lead to our city's police force being allowed to utilize these methods on us etc. If you think its far fetched, you better read your history....

Today waterboarding "terrorists", tomorrow waterboarding "suspected terrorists", five years waterboarding protesters, 10 years waterboarding for suspicion of illegal activities....
You used to be a rational guy Samuel. It seems you are now a member of the 'tin foil hat' crowd.

What happened to you?