Quote:
However, there is no doubt that the political left has been engaged in a long drawn out fight within the system in this country and the judiciary to grant constitutional rights to foreign terrorists... or enemy combatants.

That is EXTREMELY dangerous to this country.

Considering that the Supreme Court has granted cert regarding this issue, I'm afraid that this country is headed in a very dangerous direction. All of it because of politics. None of it because of the law or past case law, history, or precedent. None of it with the best interests of this country in mind.

What's that saying.... "I have seen the enemy and the enemy is me". We are our own worst enemy.

If anyone would have asked almost anyone else on Sept. 12, 2001 if this country would be considering constitutional rights for foreign international terrorists, the 9-11 masterminds, or whether waterboarding the worst of those terrorists to prevent future attacks would ever be an issue in this country... they may have thought you would be insane.

But that is exactly what is occurring.
I agree with you on this, but I think it's accuring because we have lost sight of the goal and gotten way off track with our objective. I feel like our country is in a dark room and anytime someone flicks on the light we shout "terrorist!".

We have gotten into the game of playing whack-a-mole and someone else keeps feeding the damn thing quarters so the game never ends. I believe that someone is the Saudi royals but we won't touch them....

They control the spice.......