Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
[b]
Anyone who has served in the US Army and went through basic training suffered more torture than a few hours of waterboarding, and we volunteered to do it.
There's the key - "we VOLUNTEERED".[/b]
Let me preface this statement with a caveat. I am not a veteran. I completely and utterly respect and admire US military veterans. If I had my life to live over again, I am confident that I would have enlisted. Having said that...

When these demonic maniacs volunteered to be a part of these extremist groups and vowed to bring down the "infidels," as far as I'm concerned, they also volunteered to subject themselves to whatever their enemy might dish out if they get caught being demonic maniacs. So when we turn on the light and the cockroaches start scurrying, I am not surprised in the least when one of them get trod upon. I said it before and I'll say it again: waterboarding is torture. Anyone who denies that is fooling themselves. But it's also not deadly, unless its administrators don't know what they're doing. I'll wrap this up by saying this:

THIS IS WAR. It's not tag. It's not Red Rover. It's not Hide and Seek. People die in war. People get hurt in war. People behave unkindly in war. On both sides. So when the enemy brings their hatred of us to our shores, are we supposed to just wag our finger and say, "hey, that's not Geneva Convention behavior!" People, you can't put football and baseball players on the same field and expect a fair game. Different rules. They set the bar when they decided it was okay to MURDER nearly 3,000 men, women and children. So as far as I'm concerned, making them uncomfortable by simulating drowning is a slap on the wrist compared to what they deserve. *cough*bulletinthehead*cough*