Prohibition didn't turn out so well and was from 1918 to 1933??

If I could make a point it would be that people are people. Responsible ones don't smoke, drink get into accidents, etc. Irresponsible people are just that and it doesn't matter if "it" is illegal or not. Replace it with whatever you like. They don't care.

The problem is two fold:
1)What else would be decriminalized after weed or along with it? You know how stuff gets attached to good Bills and then you have crap. I don't want Acid, Meth, or Crack available at the Circle K and these are usually brought up because they are classified in the same group.
2)What is a fair taxation level for some legal product? Especially one that will grow anywhere you plant it. We've seen what they've done to Tobacco and the regulations surrounding it. Every time there is a new "Save the Children" Tax asked for from the Public they vote for it. What is the Cap on the Price and should it be legal for the Government to Tax a legal product so much that it may as well be illegal?

If there were a Vote tomorrow, I'd be in favor if only to relieve the Prison systems of the Mandatory sentenced Druggies who didn't hurt anyone in the process of the crime. As far as MGJ, the bastard who hit you should have seen some serious time, but being 15 he was probably just sent home to mommy to do it again at 18 when he'll be held accountable. :rolleyes: Hopefully next time he doesn't kill someone and if he does it's himself only.