Quote:
Originally posted by Xterra Kid 2003:
What do you all think about marijuana being illegal in the US. I think its a waste of time and money to keep it off the streets. Its impossible to OD on THC and I dont remember the last time anyone sparked a joint and beat the hell out of their wives despite what "Reefer Madness" told you. I know some places are putting in sensible laws regarding possesion but I believe there should be a national decriminalization. I think an age restriction should be in place as with booze or cigs 18 or 21.
Anyone else have any thoughts about it? [Smoking] (yeah the little guy is hittin a joint)
Problem isn't you sitting in your home getting high on the couch. The problem is when you are high as nuts and want to take a run to 7-11 and run into some innocent family.

That is why it will never be legal. People will not a) use it responsibly, and b) be responsible enough not to drive or use heavy a machinery, etc.

And yes, I understand about the abuses of alcohol.

The answer is none of us know what the effects of legalized pot would be. Other than a cash cow for the government to waste more money on pork projects.

Stone