Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:

NYMM, you let all the law enforcement rhetoric corrupt your thinking on this.

You don't have the facts to back all your arguments because they don't exist.

I'll agree with you on 99% of political discussions, but I disagree with you on this one.

Government studies on the long term effects are largely inconclusive. Not all potheads are lazy asses. There's a lot more people than you think who are occassional recreational users. Those same people are involved in local politics, are business owners, etc.
We definitely disagree on this topic.

Pot is most definitely a gateway drug. That is a well known fact and has been a well known fact for many years. It is also not a Schedule I drug because some bureaucrat happened to pick that classification out of a hat either.

In recent years there has been a plethora of propaganda regarding marijuana usage put out by organizations who are pushing the medical marijuana fraud and other bullshit marijuana legalization organizations like NORML.

At the risk of sounding like a liberal, I have always thought it odd that many people who are pro-marijuana and basically pro-legalization are white people for the most part who are middle class and above in socioeconomic class.

The very negative effects of the drug culture in this country have not had the same impact on this class of people. There has been an impact, but not the same as others.

I might have asked this before, but I will ask again.....

Those that seem to think that pot is a benign substance... Who here would have absolutely no objections to their sons or daughters smoking pot?