Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:

Well, I'm not sure about that last comment about there being no public outcry that it be reclassified. Several states have passed medical use propositions on the ballots. Arizona has done it twice, and both times the legislature went against the will of the voters and refused to allow it.

Why on earth would you take an effective form of relief from a cancer patient suffering pain and discomfort just to perpetuate a war on drugs that was lost before it started?
This is no public outcry at all for the feds to change anything marijuana related on their books.

The "medical marijuana" thing is happening at the state level. It is also basically nothing but a fraud. It is an attempt to make an end run around marijuana laws, but state laws cannot trump federal law.

I don't know the statistics, but I recall reading once that most states that put marijuana to the ballot, it is usually voted down. Colorado voted it down recently.

People don't want the government giving the green light to pot. They don't want the government telling their kids it is OK to smoke pot.

The feds have already cracked down on some of this medical marijuana fraud that has been occurring. The Supreme Court also made a ruling on the subject in 2005 in Gonzales v. Raich.

California is finding out the hard way about the medical marijuana fraud. They become nothing but storefront dealing operations. Many have been shut down by law enforcement.

Regarding people who are sick, they can already get pot as a drug through prescriptions. The drug is called Marinol.

Most of the legitimate healthcare industry says medical marijuana is a fraud. Medical marijuana is political movement for potheads. It's not a legitimate scientific or health industry issue.