Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:

I'm glad you think it's OK that we put millions and millions of taxpayer dollars into punishing potheads.

Myself, I think there's a lot more worthwhile things we could be spending that money on.
I never said I thought all potheads should be in jail. I think the dealers should be in jail and do some time. Users for the most part should be hit with fines, and most states treat it as such. People caught with small amounts may typically be hit with a misdemeanor and a desk appearance ticket.

I also think the "three strike" laws in some states should be revisited and written better to avoid putting certain people away because of the way these laws are written.

It's also useless crying about the money spent on enforcing pot laws. It can also be a money maker because of the fines some of the petty offenses generate.

The government blows far much more money on useless earmarks and pork then they do on combating petty marijuana users. Have you looked at the billions being wasted in the most recent appropriations bill?

Enforcing drug laws should be the very least of your concerns if you are concerned about government spending.