Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
I would say NIDA provides the pot for research. You would most likely have to contact HHS and get a permit and then the marijauna from NIDA. You would also have to be a legitimate research organization or university that does medical and scientific research. Not "Bill and Ted" looking for an 'excellent adventure'.
I don't disagree with that - a legitimate third party that has no bias on the subject is where it would have to be done.

Quote:
There is no major legitimate medical organization that advocates medical marijuana.
There is no major legitimate medical organization that advocates AGAINST it, either.

Quote:
Why would any legitimate medical professional tell sick people to smoke something when they can get the active chemicals in a pill form?
Because the pill is not as effective in delivery. Any substance is delivered more efficiently (and quickly) when it's smoked as opposed to swallowed.

By the way - John P. Walters, Director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, wrote back in 2004: smoked marijuana, a Schedule I controlled substance...has no medical value...

Now, if he said that...and Marinol has THC, which is the substance that is Marinol is used for...isn't his comment a flat out lie? Regardless of the dangers (or lack of dangers) of pot, isn't that a flat out lie?
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist