Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:

I'd like to see that research by someone other than a gov't agency since you know as well as I do the government will water down and manipulate any agency reports as not to contradict any of its 'war on drugs' propaganda.

Unfortunately, the governement would consider you a criminal if you tried to conduct your own research.
The government does approve of research regarding marijuana. It just depends how it is done and conducted.

You do realize their are liability issues regarding testing smoking of anything. Who will pay for all the lawsuits that the lawyers will bring when the control groups say their health was destroyed because of the clinical trials? Do you want the taxpayers to pay for that? Should the researchers have to pay for that?

That is why a lot of research has to be done on animals.

The government also used to be in the medical marijuana business. Up until some time in the 90's the government used to provide pot for people with such claims. There was a federal agency that used to provide the pot for people. Then it got ridiculous and tens of thousands of people applied for claims and the government canceled the program. There is still a tiny handful of people who receive government pot.

Quote:
Say nothing about the huge manufacturing and energy market from Hemp that the Government is turning away from simply because it's basically the same plant. Stupid.
I agree that hemp does have many viable industrial uses. Most especially as a concrete and stucco additive for construction.

As far as energy goes, we have already discussed in another thread there is not enough land in the US for any plant to be a viable replacement for petroleum.