Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
The majority of the population does not want marijuana legal. Maybe a lot think it is OK for medical marijuana purposes, but people do not want pot to be legalized. They do not want the government telling their children it is OK to be a stoner.
But it's okay for the government to tell their children it's okay to be a drunk, or a pill-popping shopping addict, or a big fat heart attack? Booze is legal, prescription drugs are legal, and pork rinds are legal. Legalization does not preclude endorsement. It's still legal to have anal sex, but I don't see any House Committees to promote butt fucking.

What the government endorses has very little bearing on the way I feel about any given subject, and that is a trait I will happily pass on to my son. I want the government to stop endorsing or opposing lifestyle choices, and get back to doing what they need to do.

It is not the responsibility of government to concern themselves with molding the thought processes of children. Legalization is an adult matter, and adults are not children.