Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:

I don't want my child to grow up in an environment of government-induced fear and paranoia about adult issues. It is my job to introduce my child to the world in all its marred up glory. My job to tell him what is right and what is wrong. I don't want my child to be told that because I occasionally responsibly hit the reefer, I am a fucking criminal, that I support terrorism and the murder of Colombian judges and marijuana is the gateway drug and I'll become a junkie and steal the TV and beat Mommy and all the other unfounded bullshit that comes spewing out the mouth of the Ministry. Let the government stick to what it does best--defense, infrastructure, and basic services, and let me talk to my family about drugs.
So I guess we are now at the meat and potatoes behind your argument. You are a pot smoker.

You have every right to bring your child up any way you chose. If you think being a pot smoker is being a good role model, that is your choice, but most would tend to disagree.

However, it sounds like a lot of your opinions orbit around the fact that you like to smoke pot. You claim you are doing it "responsibly". What is "responsible" drug use as a parent?

Aren't you really just making excuses and trying to justify your own drug habit?

There are some other things you said that I was going to address. Some were sensible but some were not in light of currently known information regarding your drug activity.

You did misrepresent CA Prop 215. That was a referendum regarding medical marijuana. It wasn't a referendum legalizing pot. If it was, it never would have passed. I think you know that.