Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
You have every right to bring your child up any way you chose. If you think being a pot smoker is being a good role model, that is your choice, but most would tend to disagree.
Yeah, and I disagree with the way lots of people raise their kids, too. But it's none of my fucking business how they raise their kids. That's the point.

Quote:
However, it sounds like a lot of your opinions orbit around the fact that you like to smoke pot. You claim you are doing it "responsibly". What is "responsible" drug use as a parent?
What is responsible drug use? Are you talking about shooting smack in front of my kid, or sharing a joint on a camping trip when my kid isn't present? Because the way you're presenting it, it's like I'm doing the former and not the latter. But to address your question, responsible drug use, as a parent, is not letting your drug use interfere with your parenting. That should be fairly obvious.

Quote:
Aren't you really just making excuses and trying to justify your own drug habit?
No, I'm actually presenting an argument that has merit. It has merit because I've addressed the issue using reason, and by reasoning, and thinking about the situation, I've come to a conclusion. I stand behind this conclusion because I have reasonably thought about it. Example: I like to eat meat. Must I, by default, lose an argument with pETA, who think that meat should be illegal, by the fact that I have a "meat habit"? Am I making excuses for my meat habit, or do I have a resonable right to believe that meat should remain legal?

Quote:
There are some other things you said that I was going to address. Some were sensible but some were not in light of currently known information regarding your drug activity.
I've addressed your ad hominem habit, which I think makes your argument weaker than my drug habit makes mine.

Quote:
You did misrepresent CA Prop 215. That was a referendum regarding medical marijuana. It wasn't a referendum legalizing pot. If it was, it never would have passed. I think you know that.
If pot prescriptions were as easily available as happy pill prescriptions, Prop 215 would essentially be a form of broad legalization, because anyone who has stress or anxiety in their lives would be the perfect candidate.