I contemplated for a long time on a light blue color. When that wasn't available we tried to get a Just Blue one, at the last minute I got a relly good deal on a used 2000 Super Black one with 11K in MINT condition. I honestly never like black and I knew it would be a pain in the ass to keep clean. But since I got it, I really have changed attitudes. Ask anyone, a clean black vehicle will outlook anything. The dark background will shine your reflection clearer than any color. It DOES require ample care and upkeep but the reward of that shine is well worth it. I orginally wanted a yellow when they first came out (My Schwinn Moab is yellow & looks awesome!). Now there are just too many of those damn yellow ones around. I have only saw one other black one and it was an XE so I feel I am the dominant for a little while. Even my Dad is a loyal white color buyer but when I pulled up in that shiny black X, he said 'That thing looks good!'. All worth every minute of keeping it spotless. Until we hit the trailhead...-stu

------------------
2000 SE 4X2
SUPER BLACK