Quote:
Originally posted by XMountaineer:
Who was your salesman? Gary Hensley was mine. That is strage for Harrisonburg Nissan...they pride themselves on being "1st in Customer Service in VA" for 2001 and 2002. Basically, tell them you'll give them bad results on the survey. I'm sure John Booker will credit for you then.
Randy Traber was the salesman. He was all good til we talked about the pinstriping. I've even talked to Duane, the Financial Coordinator, and the General Manager, all of which gave the same answer, "No!".

As for the rest of you, I've bought the X, signed the papers. I can't take the car back once the deal is done. It's $180.00 for the pinstriping, so they won't get the money I have to give for service, I'll head out to another dealer. You people are telling me to cancel the check and all this shit, but the check is directly from the bank to the dealership. (Loan!) I'm going to just suck it up and not take my X there for service. I'll just goto the closer dealership, Staunton Nissan.

Last, but not least, my wife is the person who thought the purple pinstriping would look "OK". The vehicle is just as much hers as mine, so if she wants them, we're getting them.

Thanks for the help guys, but I'm going to suck it up.