Quote:
Originally posted by Bogatyr:
ClaptoVaugh,
For windows, I'll just use whatever cleaner is handy (Windex, Zep, store brand...doesn't matter) and black & white newspaper. If I do get any streaks, it's because there was some spooge on the glass and I clean it again. After doing the inside and out, I'll finish with some RainX on the outside...wow, you can hardly tell there's glass in front of you.
I've heard of people also using Stoner's Invisible Glass or some such...but I have no reason to change...it just takes elbow grease and newspaper.
Bogatyr
Basically what the clay does is get all of the contaminants off of your paint. No matter how clean you think your rig is, it is not totally clean until you use clay. When you use it, you can feel the difference by running the backside of your hand over an area that has had it and one that hasn't. It is like glass vs paper. You can also see all of the crap that you are taking off in the clay.

Since this is a tedious process even with the Porter Cable, I only plan on doing it twice a year, once before the summer and once before the winter. My dads Maxima went from gray to black again, he was very pleased.