The first time I took my X to a car wash, I was just as traumatized as "she" was, and I stayed inside with her. I now give her a wash every Sunday night after my weekend out doing all sorts of stuff. The biggest problem I've had, weather it's hand-wash, or not, after I come out of the wash and the guys (and me) have dried it completely, as I drive away, IT happens. It starts with a thread of water falling on the driver side window at the very left corner, then the right corner and as I keep driving and breaking, it starts rolling to the side mirrors and finally the back. I rush back to my indoor garage and attempt to wipe every droplet with a shammy (?) off the windows and sit and wait there until all the water has dried up. I'm so pathetic. Is there any way to stop this from happening?!? I have a feeling it's the basket up front on top that the guys can't get to, and being a 5"1 petite girl that I am, it's hard for me too. Help!!

2001 Yellow Xterra
Melissa, NYC

Quote:
Originally posted by kyledavis:
Ok, I realize it's sacreligious to suggest I do anything other than hand-wash my new baby, but it's the middle of winter here so the hoses are stored, and the idea of standing at one of the self-service bays in the freezing cold doesn't exactly thrill me.

So, has anyone had any problems bringing the X through a car wash? I'm worried about 2 things... the roof rack, and the antenna. Also, does the back get clean? The car washes are designed to wash, ahem, cars ... not trucks with a flat back, right?

------------------