I bought my X used but in mint condition (only 11k miles). The only bad spot on the vehicle is there are swirl marks on the windshield. I would have to say this came from a auto carwash. No other way the circles could be so perfect. Since I have gotten my X I have been through hell and back trying to find someone who can take them out. There are a few products on the market, but hard to find. I finally found a local tint shop that buffs windshields (which I am headed to tomorrow). PLEASE DO NOT take your X to a auto carwash. I think the only reason the paint job is not messed up becasue it's been waxed a few times. I live near New Orleans down in the swamps and there are still brush auto carwashes that exist. I don't know if the previous owner stuck it in one of those or a newer one. If anything go to a carwash and spray on the soap and go buy a big soft sponge at Wal-Mart for 99 cents. I don't experience extreme temperatures like some of you (although i'd trade heat for cold - if your willing to face 100% humidity on a 30 mile bike ride) but still I would not use a auto carwash! Once I get those swirls out the winshield the only thing that will clean my X will be my hands.-stu

------------------
2000 SE 4X2
SUPER BLACK