Quote:
Originally posted by cataclyzm:
This is my first time purchasing an extended warranty and I hope I am doing the right thing at getting one.
If you can't afford for a couple thousand dollars of repair costs to pop up, it probably isn't a bad deal.

I dunno - the only reason I got an extended warranty was for the 4x4 and the supercharger. The 4x4 because I just wasn't that familiar with it. If I would have paid attention I would have realized the 4x4 stuff is old tech that is very sturdy as long as you aren't stupid (and stupid stuff isn't covered by warranties anyway).

As for the supercharger, enough folks talked about having to get theirs replaced right at the end of the 30K factory warranty that it seemed like a good gamble to me to extend it out. Cheep insurance if the SC does tank.

If I didn't have the SC to deal with, I probably wouldn't have bothered with the extended warranty. On one hand, it is a nice security blanket. On the other hand, if you start to mod and/or offroad, the chances that you will have to hassle over the warranty if anything does go wrong goes up. For the most part Knoxterra is right, odds are if something breaks it will happen withen the factory warranty period. Just depends on if you are a gambling man or not smile