I recently believed my alignment was off.

After reading this forum, I understood that an alignment is under warrenty for the first 12k miles (which my Xterra was still under). I also read about the ficticious "radial pull".

I took my Xterra to the local dealer and told them my concerns. They called me at work telling me that it was "radial pull" and all that was needed was to swap the front two tires (a non warrenty service thus a $10 charge). They also adjusted the tire pressure in all 4 tires.

I got the truck back, and ... big surprise ... the alignment wasn't corrected.

A death in the family prevented me from taking it back in and having them finish the job.

Two weeks later (still under 12k but damn close) I decided it was time for an oil change, and decided to take it to the dealer to do both the oil change and fix the alignment. This time the dealer actually did check the alignment, found some problems and made corrections.

The dealer told me that since I had warrenty work done Nissan would be sending me a survey. He wanted to remind me to fill it out and send it back. I get the impression he wants me to leave a favorable reivew.

Given this information what kind of response would my fellow Xterra owners leave in the survey?