6.9.07 [update]
The good times continue. ;-)
* Machine shop tells me ALL of the valves are bent and need to be replaced. So, assuming they're giving me the straight story ( I have not seen the old ones yet), despite me not seeing any damage or scratching, apparently I do have an interference engine. I have ordered all of the parts to rebuild the heads along with all of the gaskets and water hoses from courtesyparts.com. I'm having the heads pressure tested too for cracks.
* I've been cleaning and painting parts as I wait for the parts and machine shop. There is a paint from Napa called black bumper paint. If you want a well priced paint that seems to stick to dang near anything, use this paint - it really is amazing for metal and plastic. I also highly recommend Super Clean, a water based grease remover - again great product.
* I got to cleaning the exhaust manifolds today. Gee, great big surprise. Crack in the right side (passenger) manifold. Nissan should stand up an admit this design flaw.

Has anyone here just had this crack welded up? I don't know squat about welding, but it looks like a bead would seal up the crack. Comments anyone?

I may just order after market headers and cats and be done with it. Blah.