Quote:
Originally posted by krisjon:
Actually, I think you got called on something and responded appropriately. Then when you realized it made you look less than authoritarian, you backpedal and throw a sarcastic twist on it. That Apple positioning is not common like you're making it out to be. It was put in a book for select Apple employees, on some t-shirts and a few other less than widely distributed materials...not national ads.
Wow, thats a really big assumption to make... and honestly I find it very insulting.

I truly didn't know that it wasn't common knowledge. If i wanted to plagiarize I would have taken out the "We see genius".

I figured that everyone had seen these ads
It was the main ad that ran during the "think different" campaign. Had Richard Dreyfuss doing voice over while they showed clips of Einstein, Edison, etc. it even has Its own page on Apple.com. In fact it is the only TV ad I remember seeing for the Think Different Campaign... the rest of the TD ads where billboards and magazine adds.

------edited to ad-------

here i dug a bit:
"This ad kicked off the "Think Different" campaign. It shows short clips of several influential figures in this century. Such include Albert Einstein, Mohandas Gandhi, Alfred Hitchcock, Pablo Picasso, and several others. Richard Dreyfuss, the narrator, says how these were "the crazy ones", how they were the only ones crazy enough to think they can change the world, and did. The main theme though is that Mac users "think differently" as Steve Jobs said in his keynote speech at Macworld Expo Boston '97."

more investigation shows that this commercial was in fact the basis of the entire campaign. It Premiered on Sept 27th 1997 during ABC's world television premiere of "Toy Story", last I checked ABC was in fact "national". In reality it was not a national Campaign, it was a global campaign that even required apple the remove the Dalai Lama from the ads in Hong Kong. It was also in part a celebration as it was the first ad campaign following Steve Jobs return to Apple.
heres the .mov of the commercial

I really did just assume others had seen this.

Calling someone a plagerist is very insulting. I simply take pride in my knowledge of current events and pop-culture.

You go and check your sources, and while your at it Google:

"here's to the crazy ones" Television Commercial

and whenever you are ready to apologize I'm all ears.