Jason,

I'm well aware of the spot that you linked to, and if you want to get down to brass tacks, it's a :60 sec spot that I was aware of running only a few times simply because :60sec spots are a pretty uncommon media buy. Not as many saw the entire Think Different as you think.

It indeed kicked off the campaign that was then, yes, taken globally with all the great figures you mentioned and a simple "Think Different". However, this campaign was nearly entirely print oriented and slated only with the Think Different tagline. The longer Think Different positioning statement as you have quoted was not largely seen in its entirety. Was I wrong in saying it never hit a national audience? Yes, I'm a big boy. I admit to that. My bad especially given my ties to not only Apple, but their ad agency and the art directors/writers behind it. Honestly, as brilliant a piece of writing as it was, it was largely relegated to sales materials, smaller things, and one limited edition Think Different book that I'm privileged to have a copy of as it was never sold publicly.

As far as my insinuation of plagarism, that's not what I was going for. You merely took it as such because someone actually called you on something for once. You're always on this board getting into discussions where it seems like your main aim is to show how much you know and how little everyone does - be it politics, religion, xterras, whatever. Look at your sig for god's sake:

I hope it feels so good to be right. There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Jason, we've hung out together and got along great. I don't think you're a bad guy. I just have a habit once in awhile of breaking people's balls a bit when I perceive their horse to be getting a little too high for them. Just so you know, man, there's a few other of us educated folks out there.

No hard feelings.