Just figured I'd pass along some notes from the install I did this weekend.
Add to the 'tool' list a clear, flexable plastic ruler. One foot will do. Use this to double check the location of the holes that you will be drilling. The flexable ruler bends on the curved surface. This makes it easy to check that the holes on either side will be the same distance from the top/bottom of the frame. The advice - measure twice (or more), cut or drill once.
Speaking of drilling - center punch the holes, but don't over-do it least you crack the paint or dent the metal beyond the hole diameter. If your drill bits are not fresh and sharp, invest in new ones. The pair may cost about $5. Cheap verses a dull drill bit walking across your paint.
The rivnuts appear to be made of soft metal, aluminum I'd guess. So when you install them with the rivnut tool and allen wrench, don't over tighten - you'll strip the threads of the (soft) rivnut. How tight? You will notice loosness of the rivnut in the hole. As you tighten, the loosness will dissapear and the rivnut will firm up. Go just a little bit more. Maybe a turn of the allen wrench. You could always tighten it a bit more if it turns out that it is a little loose, but fixing stripped threads from over tightening would be a pain.
Note that figure 4 of the instructions shows the brackets with the mounting holes for the air deflector twards the center - figure 1 is correct. The air deflector mounting holes belong twards the outside. The profile of the bracket and rear hatch will make it obvious. So forget fig 4 and use fig 1.

dave and Xtoy - now if it keeps the window cleaner...

------------------