I recently posted a question about A/c work in Jacksonville, Florida. I got no replys so I just
did the install myself. The high pressure line on my X also has the leak. I went to the local Nissan dealer for the line. Apparently its a common problem, they stated. But there is no recall what so ever. The dealer charged me 95.00
for the line. I could have got it cheaper from
xterraparts but I needed the line right now. The install is very simply. To start you need to remove all the gas out of the system. Simply by pushing the valve in with a pointed tool. Be
careful, it might have a leak but there still might be some gas in the system. The valve is located on the high pressure line under the
plastic cap. Kind of looks like tire valve only bigger. Now use the proper socket and remove
the bolts and just replace the hose. The o-rings are already installed on the new line. The new line will have plastic caps on both ends of the fittings, to keep trash out of the system. Keep the caps on till the very last minute before installing just to trash out. Tighten the bolts down but not to tight might you crack the
alu. fittings. There, your done with install. Now the truck has to be taken to a A/C shop so they can excavate the system, and recharge. Excavate means they will put a vacuum pump to the system and the term they use is "Pull" the system, before they can recharge with new R134. It takes about an hour for a good pull, so just relax have a coffee and wait. All in all it cost me about 200.00 for the parts, pull, and recharge but well worth it. The Nissan dealer was gonna charge me 65.00 just to look at it, 74.00 an hour for the Mech. Probobly would have paid about 400-500. I hope this helps you out.