Quote:
Originally posted by Kirby:
Stetson University for me it started in '93, used to be a "Southern Baptist" university. Got away from the baptists church for their primary funding and were told they were not culturally diverse enough, so alot of white students (myself included)lost financial aid, grants, and scholarships so they could attract minority students from other countries.
I'm curious as to which awards/loans got cut off. Can't pretty much anyone get a Stafford loan? I don't know which other ones are publicly/privately funded, but let's face it...a private entity can pretty much do whatever it wants (within reason, obviously) and there's not much you can do about it.

And how many exactly is "a lot?" I'm not saying it didn't happen to you...but it seems like when someone gets slapped in the face like it appears you did, they tend to exaggerate how many others it happened to.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist