Quote:
Originally posted by Digityzed:
Desert_Rat, I can guarantee you that you have showered with homosexual soldiers, and whether or not it was an invasion of your personal space, as you said, has to do with your own insecurities with your sexuality. You think every woman who looks at you finds you attractive? I doubt it. It's the same with homosexuals. Get over yourself.

I think people who are posting in this thread about the "abnormality" of homosexuality need to be a little better educated on the subject.
I'm sure I have. And I didn't know about it....and that's the way it should stay. No, I don't think ANYONE would find my ass attractive, but it doesn't make me any more comfortable.

Put a fat chick and a hot chick in the shower with a bunch of guys. Do you think because the guys aren't attracted to the fat chick, she feels any more comfortable in that situation than the hot chick? Your argument is stupid.

Who is uncomfortable in that situation - the straight guy showering with the gay, or the gay showering with the straight guy.....I'll tell you it's the straight guy. Straigt people are the vast majority. No, I don't think people are "born" gay. It's a conscious decision that is made at some point in their lives. Nature drives us to be hetero....that's how species propogate.

With regard to my comment about the hairy people....Has anyone seen the Arabs we're fighting? Prove me wrong. They're fricking hairy. Osama bin Hidin looks like about the 3rd generation in his family to walk upright

To the other reply by pnwbeers...you're right..a policy of intolerance isn't probably the best road. On the other hand, you're not going to change the beliefs of many, and many believe homosexuality is wrong. Very wrong. True or not, these convictions run deep, and by "throwing it in the faces" of the heteros in the military - Our military where teamwork is absolutely essential to success, is asking for trouble.

I would be happy not to speak of escapades with women if I never had to hear another story about a gay encounter. Sorry, but it makes me sick to even think about it.