Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:

PS--And I think gays belong in the military. Why? Because they've always been there. Should they be able to make a point of their homosexuality? Probably not, if they want to get ahead. Does it suck for them? Yeah, it probably does, but if they want to be there, they're gonna have to give up a piece of their civilian personality, just like every other service member. I don't understand why they'd want to be there, but who am I to judge? Most of their fellow service members, and the country at large, as much as 75% according to Desert_Rat, are just waiting for the go-ahead to stomp them into the ground. Why they'd want to sacrifice themselves for that, I'll never understand. But again, it's a personal decision, and if they want to be cannon-fodder for a society that hates their fucking guts, I say give 'em a rifle.
Where did I say anyone needed stomped into the ground? Don't confuse me for someone else. I don't advocate violent ways of resolving these types of differences.

Your comment around gays in the military makes more sense than anything else you've said...That's exactly what I'm saying. Being openly gay and flaunting it in the military is not appropriate. Deal with it. I don't want to hear about it, nor do I want my kids to have it stuck in their faces and being told they should celebrate gays.

Why the hell are we arguing? Cripes man.