Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:

Why is it that almost anytime anyone speaks in a not-so-"patriotic" way they are immediatly branded as whatever the flag-wavers term is for that day; traitor, sellout, etc.?
Why are you people so afraid of dissent? Dixie Chicks, Michael Moore, Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Johnny Depp, me, etc. It's always the same patetic points that you guys always bring up too.

"If you don't like it...leave",

"They don't have a problem taking money from us for their crappy movies, music, whatever"

Your responses are so weak, tired and old. I'll say it again; this country was founded on dissent, revolt and free speech. I am sick and fucking tired of being told to shut up, get in line and buy fucking Pepsi! Your demands to silence those that speak out will only make us scream louder, don't you get that? For fucks sake; unemployement is up, stock markets down, soldiers are dying, WTO, IMF and the World Bank are stonger than ever, we now allow advertising in National Parks, civil liberties are being taken away, the earth is "hotter" than ever, Halliburton and Carlyle Group are getting richer and were getting poorer. If now is not the time to speak up, when is?
No one minds dissent. If he had objections to policy decisions or whatever that would be fine. But insulting the country itself as a whole is hatred for the country. It is only natural for the people of the country to hate him right back. And yes he is a hypocrite.

Fuck You with your flag waver comments. That flag has given you every single thing you own. It has given you your entire life. Out of everyone on this board your mind is without a doubt the most vacuous of any I have seen.

All you do is believe and reprint lies told by other people. All of them hard leftists. Your entire post seems straight out of a Molly Ivins screed.