Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:

The Federal Government has now entered a dangerous point in history. Our system is broken. Representative democracy is a thing of the past.
It always has been with the advant of the electoral vote. Remember, Gore won the populace vote.

Quote:
They are now in the business of usurping public morality and the religious convictions of much of the populace. There will be a point in the near future when the states and the people will have had enough.
The people have already had enough, thus the ruling of the court. People of this nation WANT "Separation of Church and State"

Quote:
It's decisions like this and the inevitable fallout that could sow the seeds for a second civil war. If shit like this keeps up I can easily see secession movements starting up in the future. It might be a good idea this time.
"Second Civil War", that's a good one. I admit though, I myself could be driven to such thoughts if the Christain's were to take over our goverment.

Edited to add:

or any other religious group for that matter

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site