Reading that really pissed me off, so I called HP at a number that was listed in one of the original links, 1-800-888-0292 (pick option 4, then pick option 2), to ask them if it was true.

The operator told me that they were in the process of "notifying affected customers of their options." So, I just flat out asked her if they were going to try to extort more money from customers who had already bought and recieved one, or were they only going to cancel orders that hadn't shipped yet.

She then started asking me questions, and when she asked me if I was "an affected customer" and was told "No, I'm just researching this to see if what I read online is true," she told me that she would not discuss the matter with me any further, and refered me to their "customer affairs" office.

Hmmmmm, sounds like they're circling the wagons already! Screw 'em. I forwarded the links above to a few consumer advocates and the Better Business Bureau. Let HP deal with someone who plays in their league, instead of trying to extort money from some ol' Joe Blow who thought he was getting a great deal on a monitor. Jackasses. Stuff like this really pisses me off.

mad