Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:

The whole Church/State argument really makes me tired. Samuel Thompson wrote something that really summed up the way I personally feel about it. What it boils down to is, if I (as a Christian) can go to work everyday and tolerate a large group of Muslims who wash their feet in the break-room so they can lay out their prayer mats and pray to the Mecca of the East or whatever, two or three times per day... then the athiests and other people out there can tolerate a 30 second prayer before a local high school football game.
I understand your argument here, but people have to start looking at the bigger picture here. Religion should TOTALLY be removed from public schools/universities, PERIOD. No praying to Mecca, no Catholic prayers in the morning, NOTHING, it's a SCHOOL not a church. One goes to school/university to better themselves in business/computers/math/medicine (you get the picture), so if one wants to better themselves in a religious sense, go to a RELIGIOUS SCHOOL.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site