Seeing this video yesterday, my guts churned. Not because of the graphicness of it, but because he was an American. A American civilian at that.

Whether he's innocent or not is up for discussion. I say this because though he might be "innocent" in the fact that he did nothing criminal or immoral, he also was stupid enough to go to Iraq at a time like this. Yes, I said STUPID.

American civilians have no business in Iraq until victory is unilaterally complete. America should deport any American civilians who are found there, no questions asked.

Capturing Saddam and killing his sons wasn't and isn't enough. The will of the Iraqi people must not just be bent, but completely broken and crushed underneath the heel of an American GI boot for victory to be absolute. President Bush can crow "Mission Accomplished" till the cows come home, but victory in Iraq is nowhere near finished.

The will of the people, all the people MUST be broken. That is how wars are won. We succeeded in WWII, and we failed in Vietnam. The differences in outcome should be proof enough of what I'm saying. I don't understand why people find this so difficult to comprehend.

I personally agree with leaflets being dropped on Fallujah stating that the city will be utterly destroyed in 48 hours. Those who don't get out, die. Tough shit. That's war for you. The innocents die with the guilty. It's sad, but war is hell, people. Hell on earth. And we need to continue to do that, up to and including Baghdad itself, if we must. The country of Iraq and ALL of its people need to understand that we are not fucking around.

But people won't put up with that. And for the love of God, spare me the lefty/righty BULLSHIT that always pops up in these goddamn discussions. Let the military do it's fucking job, and have the JCOS report to the president when the country is fully secure. It's not a liberal or conservative idea, it's goddamn common sense about war tactics. Sure, there should be laws about governing POW's, but on the battlefield any joke of a "convention" that thinks they could apply any sort of rules or "order" to the chaos that is a warzone are only fooling themselves. There are no rules in the fire area.

It's too late to pull out of Iraq now. We are neck deep in the shit and the job needs to get done.

Quote:
Originally posted by lincolnnellie:
As far as the Oil Revenue paying for the war - Things are costing more than we estimated, and no one else is helping with the costs. This is not Bush's mistake, is merely a mis-calculation by one of his aides or staff. Can you blame him when he is misinformed?
Are you fucking kidding me? Of course you can blame him. This isn't a simple case of Bush & the Gang missing a goddamn port-a-pottie. They are talking tens of BILLIONS of dollars here.

Why is it everytime Bush gets something right, he's a genius, but everytime he fucks up (this is definitely not the first time), it's cause he is misinformed? Give me a goddamn break! Something like this is not anything you can slip by the people.

This is what, the third time now he's asking for more money? Of course, Congress will fork it over, no questions asked. We have no choice now. But if this has been a simple case of Bush being misinformed every single time, not to mention his State of the Union gaffe, then it seems to me this man likes to assemble a staff that's even more incompetent than he is. I do not want someone like that leading my country. :rolleyes:

You, or other people on here, can brand me a leftist if you want. I'm not, but do what you will. Nor am I a righty. I could give two shits about "the party line". If more idiots in this goddamn country took the agendas important to them, broke them down individually, and made their own decisions on it, this country would be a hundred times better off. Unfortunately, we have too many morons in this country who want to, need to follow "the party line".

Of course it won't happen, because it's called common sense. Which sadly, WAY too many politicians and their followers completely lack.