Quote:
Originally posted by Chris

The will of the Iraqi people must not just be bent, but completely broken and crushed underneath the heel of an American GI boot for victory to be absolute.
Wow...!! I'm surprised you said that. I agree we should be a lot tougher, but I don't feel all the Iraqi people are the enemy and should suffer "the boot".

Quote:
It's not a liberal or conservative idea, it's goddamn common sense about war tactics.
This is where you are wrong. It is very much a lefty/righty thing because the left has been a significant obstacle in prosecuting this war. We can't get tough in Iraq. It's not because of concerns of the "Arab street". It is because of the reactions of the left in this country.

We can't administer "the boot" you speak of. It seems we can't even put women's panties on the heads of terrorist scumbags to make them talk. The left is an enemy of the war on terrorism. The left does not operate from a perch of common sense. All they care about is political power. If making us loose a war means them gaining political power, that is all they care about. Their loyalties are not the same.

That is the reality of what is going on.

The left is undermining our efforts at every turn. What do you think the outcome of the Iraq prison scandal will be (a scandal blown out of proportion by the American left)? It will result in new procedures and rules that will yield ZERO information gathered from any future scumbags caught in the field. Giving the enemy a huge advantage. They will not care if they are caught anymore because being captured will mean nothing but good meals and a dry bed.

The left is the enemy within. It's about time people wake up and start to realize this.