Madma: How can you argue that the Iraqis have any authority at all in their country? They don't. Every member of the Iraqi police force is under the constant training and direction of U.S. authority. They do not and they would not hold a SINGLE AMERICAN without being directed so by the U.S. forces.

Please be reminded that there is no Iraqi authority in Iraq. None at all whatsoever. They are an occupied country under the direction of an occupational force.

I also don't understand why the Abu Ghraib prison is being used in the first place. Isn't this the natorious prison used as a tool of torture and opression by the Hussein regime? Why didn't the U.S. level it and put up tents and build a GITBAY style detainment center in it's place.

Am I the only one that sees the irony in our troops being accused of attrocities in the same prison that assisted Sadaam in developing his image as a sadistic madman?

If anything will get the world on our side , that's going to be it! :rolleyes:

The interesting thing is that while every tinfoil hat wearing crackpot with a website has run with this story and the conspiracy idea, the mainstream media continues to report the Berg story with the information spoonfed to them by the government.

I finally heard one network (FOX) drop this rediculous "Contract worker" moniker and refer to him in a newscast as a man who was attemping to find work.

There's allways been this "dig deep but not too deep" philosophy with the mainstream press. What's wrong guys? You don't want to ruin your anonymous government sources? Regardless of whether or not any one individual theory is correct, the fact remains that there is absolutely more than meets the eye with the Berg killing, yet not one news agency has taken the initiative to question the allready flimsy government position that the story presented to the public is the entire true story.

Maybee Powell, feeling the pangs of guilt from the realization that he was used as a lying puppet during his presentations to the U.N., will have a desire to restore his dignitiy and credibility and start telling some of the truth once he is no longer part of the administration.