Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Moral relativists are the only ones who call people narrow minded. They lack a sense of morality and cannot distinguish right from wrong.
If I'm a moral relativist as you say, then I think I can safely say, "ummmm....no."

I know right from wrong as it pertains to me. You're right from wrong is different. The big difference - I know that people have different morals, and it's not up to me to decide for them.

LDS member aren't supposed to drink or smoke. That's what they believe to be morally right. Catholics, on the other hand, are not prohibited from doing those very same things. Moral relativism.

The Catholic Church does not believe in artificial birth control. In the Episcopal Church they are acceptable. Moral relativism.

Jehovah's Witnesses aren't supposed to use traditional medicine. The Methodist church has no issues with it. Moral relativism.

Some do not approve of medical marijuana. Some do. Moral relativism.

Here's the kicker that shocked me:
The OFFICIAL view of the Episcopal Church on Abortion

And that's the church that is jokingly referred to as "Catholic Lite - All the pomp, half the guilt." Moral relativism. (*of course, I'm sure you'll say the Episcopals have no room to talk, as they just elected a gay bishop.)
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist